Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My friendly neighbours

A fictionalised representation of how people would probably react to friendly gestures in today's society over mundane reasons:

I found my neighbours in their garden on my way back home one evening. This is how they reacted to my greeting...

I smiled at my neighbour,
She turned her back to me!
She wished to keep an old grudge instead.

I smiled at her dog,
He barked at me!
Afterall, he only did his master's bid.

I smiled at her son,
He winked at me!
I realised it was a mistake I made.

I smiled at his sister,
She closed her windows shut!
Her mother must be near somewhere.

I smiled at her child,
She smiled back to me!
Surely, only children know the beauty of life.

8 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard that I am crying! Just keep smiling and eventually you will get one back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a joyful spirit, dear Asiya! Come live by me, I promise you that I will smile, give you a hug and invite you in for a cup of tea! Love you style and can't wait for more! And, just think! You were hiding all this from us!!! HUGS <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds like my neighbors. I wish you were living next to me, we would definitely have tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u, kim! :) i'm so glad u enjoyed it. And yes, we both shud have been neighbours :)

      Delete
  4. What a funny poem Asiya, yet so realistic! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good, funny poem. Really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete