Friday, November 14, 2014

Love

Why does love seem so farce to me now?
Like a figment of my own imagination!
Like a killer escaped from the gallows of truth,
A dream which better not be.

The promises in lore seem prism of cheat,
The words of tradition all wrung with despair.
Why is it so difficult to believe someone would live for me?
Or that one will ever be worthy of my death?

Why does love seem so farce to me now?
Like the best enchantment of a wizard great!
A trap set by unseen eagles above,
A fisherman's net, a serpent's lair.

6 comments:

  1. Great poem Asma! Love your imagery and use of mataphors. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elly :) I m glad you appreciate it

      Delete
    2. Yes, though it true which I surmise it to be, then how sad. :( Hope love will come knocking on your door again...soon? <3

      Delete
  2. Wonderful :) fears and doubts expressed so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete