Thursday, October 16, 2014

Confessions of my heart

It's been years since I heard his name. I don't even recall the last time I had seen him. But when suddenly he was mentioned once again in the passing to me, my ears and brows perked up; and not much later after that when I saw him... Just a glimpse... But I can swear it was him... My heart skipped a beat, I was all doe-eyed once again and I could feel the twinkle in my eyes, the joy bursting within me and even hear my heart go tra la la la!

Really, I thought there is only one man on this earth who had that power on me. But I was wrong! Here's another damn awesome human who can work magic on me! How could I have forgotten him? But then, I think that's the way craze works. You go ga-ga over someone and as life takes over, your craze takes a backseat. Then years later, just like that a simple chat or a glimpse brings it all back in a flash, and such that even you would be amazed over it.

My guys! Hugh Jackman and Brett Lee! There's none like them for me, and there shall never be. I do have other favourites, even in their field of work, but these two leave me star-struck. I can't even explain what makes me so crazy over them, but they are numero uno for me.

I didn't know I was this crazy about Hugh Jackman until recently when I saw him endorse a new series of a mobile phone brand. I do enjoy his movies and admire his acting skills, but seeing him on tv in that ad took me over like a wave. That moment, for no other reason but just because he had endorsed it I wanted to buy that phone right away.

And when a mobile showroom in my town put out a life-size hoarding of him (with that phone) for me it was like he himself had come to town. I frequented that road as often I could even on mundane tasks, just to catch a glimpse of him and find him smiling at me. And when the shop took down the hoarding months later, for me it was like he had taken away all the colours from my town with him.

With Brett lee, my affair goes back a long time.

(To be continued- click here)

2 comments:

  1. LOL Asma, that's too funny! You caught me by surprise with your story. ;)
    I don't blame you with Hugh Jackman though with his handsome face and muscled body - ooh la la! ;) Did you hear him in Les Mis, the musical by the way. He's got an amazing voice which surprised me, maybe you too? ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Elly :) his voice is magic! But perhaps it's his eyes that seem to speak to me... i'm crazy about him ;)


      Delete